Positioning Ventures to Take Flight and Soar
V-Formation Ventures LLC is a strategy consulting firm focused on designing strategic alliances among corporate entities and organizations, both private and public. We specialize in the commercialization of advanced technologies, representing diverse industries from biotechnology to telecommunications.
A Venture Architect is responsible for defining the field of opportunity and establishing the scope for a new venture. Main area of focus is to design and test the operational and commercial aspects of the business. Design and execute. Define the operational and commercial structures and strategies.
Venture architects carry the tall order of defining the field of opportunity and scope of our client ventures. They wear many hats and must develop the marketing, pricing and operational structures needed to commercialize new products and businesses. As project leaders, they manage ventures from beginning to end, and may even transition to running these new businesses in the market.
Why the name V-Formation?
Our brand originates with one of nature’s most fascinating phenomena: the V formation flying pattern of geese.
As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an “uplift” for birds that follow. By flying in a “V” formation, there’s a 71% greater flying range for the whole flock than if each bird flew alone.
People who share common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are sharing the momentum they generate with one another.
When a bird falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of flying alone.
Stay in formation with those headed where we want to go
Birds flying in formation honk to encourage those in front to keep up their speed.
In groups where interaction takes the form of supporting one another, the productivity of the whole is much greater.
Many companies respond to the need for change by focusing on technology-driven optimization; but technology alone doesn’t get you where you need to go. What’s more critical is enabling change in areas like brand, customer experience, sales and marketing and in unlocking the unique capabilities of your organization.
True customer experience transformation moves at two speeds and requires creating a portfolio of experience moves. These moves span from fixing processes or touchpoints that are broken in the experience today, to creating incremental improvements to the existing experience, to truly transforming one’s experience in a way that goes beyond today’s expectations to capture new audiences or create new sources of revenue.
Our customer experience management consulting services help clients exercise these two speeds across experience strategy, touchpoint design, service design and product creation engagements to not only delight their customers, but also achieve bottom-line results. By bridging the gap between brand and customer experience, we’re helping organizations unlock growth in the face of disruption.
Our venture architects are world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists, and designers. They carry the tall order of defining the field of opportunity and scope of our ventures and must wear many hats to develop the marketing, pricing, and operational structures needed to commercialize new products and businesses. As project leaders, they manage ventures from beginning to end, and may even transition to running these new businesses in the market.
You can expect:
- Across all stages of the V-Formation Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the industry
- Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
- Analyze start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
- Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
- Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
- Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
- Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
- Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
- Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
- Plan and deliver new ventures, products and services
- Identify required partners for regulatory requirements or support needs
- Business Development and IP Creation (outside of Venture work)
- Create intellectual property, points of view and industry/ topic platforms
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
- Experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling
- Design and product development expertise
- Background in product prototyping and testing
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.